- Activated Kombucha Scoby
- 1/2 cup of the previously made Kombucha tea.
- 4-6 tablespoons of white or brown sugar
- 5gm Black or Green Tea
- 4 cups drinking water
- 1-liter glass jar.
- Wooden / Plastic spoon
- Glass/Plastic strainer (more than 1-liter capacity)
- Boil the water for 5 minutes
- Add sugar and stir well until it dissolves
- Add tea to sugary water, let it brew, do not boil again.
- Cooldown the mixture, and strain tea from it.
- Heat a little bit until it reaches room temperature.
- Put this tea into a jar and add Kombucha Scoby
- Also, add tea from the previous Kombucha Tea.
- Cover the mouth with cheesecloth and fix it with the rubber band.
- Do not close the cover, It should be breathable
- Keep it to ferment for 1-2 weeks at room temperature in a place out of the sunlight
- If you keep it longer the tea will become acidic like-wise In a shorter period, the amount of sugar will be relatively higher.
- When your tea is ready, strain it. remove the Scoby and keep some tea for the next batch.