History of Bulgarian Yogurt
It is not a secret that Bulgarian yogurt has healing effect on the human body. Bulgarian people have been using it for centuries.
Lactobacillus Bulgaricus is probiotic that is present in the Bulgarian climate. It is the only place on Earth where it is naturally available — in the air, soil, grass, trees, water, almost everywhere.
Yogurt is always a Bulgaria’s favorite diet , Ancient Bulgarians used to put milk in lambskin bags, which they carried on their waists. The warmth of the body and the microflora of the bags ferment the milk — These people have been making yogurt for hundreds of years perfecting it with every batch.
In Early 90s, a doctor from the Pasteur Institute in Paris did a survey from 36 countries to discover that more people lived to the age of 100 in Bulgaria than in any other country. He suspected that this could be a yogurt being reason for their long life. Later a doctor, Ilya Mechnikov won a Nobel Prize in 1908 for his discovery of the Lactobacillus Bulgarian yogurt healing properties and linking yogurt to longevity.
Benefits of Bulgarian Yogurt
- Bulgarian Yogurt has identified as a reason for longevity, it is proven through scientific facts.
- Yogurt is an excellent source of probiotics that is needed in the digestive tract.
- Yogurt strengthens the immune system and helps prevents cancer.
- It is good source of calcium which helps prevent osteoporosis and reduces cholesterol levels.
- Regular use of yogurt reduces the risk of high blood pressure.
- It is good for many gastrointestinal conditions.
- Bulgarian yogurt is organic yogurt. It is a good source of proteins too.